Last updated on April 2019
This website 'msd-ireland.com' is owned and operated by Merck Sharp & Dohme Ireland (Human Health) Limited ("MSD"), a private limited company in Ireland (registered number 376424) whose registered office is at Red Oak North, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin D18 X5K7 Ireland. MSD is a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc, ("MSD") of Kenilworth, NJ, USA. The website is intended for use by residents of Ireland only. MSD makes no representation that material in this website is appropriate for use outside of Ireland and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
3. Content. While there may be information on this website related to medical conditions and their treatment, if a medical condition exists you should consult a qualified medical practitioner for specific medical advice. MSD makes no claims or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of this website. You agree that access to and use of this site and the content there of is at your own risk.
Certain sections of this website may be designated for healthcare professionals only. If you are a healthcare professional, please note that the information contained on this website is not intended to be comprehensive or to serve as a substitute for your own medical judgment. We recommend that you also consult other professional sources and references prior to making any evaluation or treatment decision.
If you link to this website you must ensure that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and complies with applicable regulatory rules and guidelines and that does not damage MSD's reputation or or its reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way so as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by MSD where none exists. This website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this website other than the home page. Any link to this website must be deleted immediately if requested by MSD.
MSD will not tolerate any use of the website which damages or is likely to damage our reputation, the availability or integrity of the website or which causes us or threatens to cause us to incur any legal, tax, regulatory or other liability. We therefore request you to treat the website with respect, and not to use the website for any illegal purpose, or in such a way as to infringe or breach other’s rights or to cause or threaten to cause us damage. We ask you to comply with any relevant notices, policies and terms imposed by third parties whose website, products or services you access through the website. We also ask you to co-operate with any reasonable security or other checks or requests for information made by us from time to time and to comply with all instructions and policies from us from time to time in respect of the website.
6. Representation. As a user of this website, you are liable for the accuracy of the information that you provide to MSD. Should you respond with information including feedback or data such as questions, comments, suggestions or the like regarding the content of this website, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and MSD shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such information.
9. Intellectual Property. All materials incorporated in or accessible through this website, including, without limitation, text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons, audio clips, video clips, software, and other content, and the compilation, collection, arrangement, and assembly thereof (including the look and feel of the website), are protected by Irish and international copyright laws and are copyright of Merck Sharp & Dohme Ireland (Human Health) Limited or it has been granted permission to use such materials, except where expressly stated otherwise. All such rights are reserved. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with paragraph 4 above. All trade-marks on this website, such as MSD or Merck Sharpe & Dohme are the property of MSD and may not be used without our prior written permission.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. The material displayed on this website is provided without any representations, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, MSD and its affiliates hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity including, without limitation, the warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, use of reasonable care and skill and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY MSD ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MSD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER MSD, NOR ANY OF OUR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY FUNCTION CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Use of this website is at the risk of the user and MSD accepts no liability for any computer viruses, malicious software, harmful data or any other material which is technologically harmful infecting the user following its use of this website.
These disclaimers apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. Consequences. MSD reserves the right to suspend or terminate your use of this website for any reason at any time without notice. If your breach causes harm to others, you agree to indemnify and hold MSD harmless from and against any and all loss, damage, or expense. If any dispute arises regarding this agreement or your use of this website, it shall be resolved through good faith negotiations between the parties. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, all such controversies, claims, or disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.